Established in 1936, the Home Builders Association of Metro Portland (HBAMP) is a trade association representing housing and the residential construction industry. HBAMP is the leading voice for the residential building industry, representing more than 1,200 builders, remodelers and industry professionals. HBAMP is the most nationally awarded HBA in the country, the fastest growing and the fifth largest overall. Since 1942, HBAMP has worked on behalf of the industry to promote diverse, affordable housing options to area residents. The HBA produces and manages many outstanding programs and tours in the Portland area, including: The premier NW Natural Street of Dreams, the Tour of Remodeled Homes, the Fall and Spring Portland Home and Garden Shows and the Ultimate Open House.
HBA’s territory covers Washington, Multnomah, Clackamas, Yamhill and Columbia Counties. This includes all cities, counties, and special districts within these areas. The range of housing provided by our members includes everything from low income to luxury, from suburban communities to infill development, from single-family to condos and apartments.
Mission of the HBA of Metropolitan Portland:
The Home Builders Association of Metropolitan Portland is dedicated to maximizing housing choice for all who reside in the greater Portland area. The HBA unites and supports industry professionals in shaping an environment in which members can efficiently and profitably meet the diversified needs of our communities.
The Home Builders Association of Metropolitan Portland is recognized and respected as the leading voice for the residential building industry and the value of homeownership and diversity of housing choice.
To fulfill its mission and realize its vision, the HBA strives to achieve the following goals:
- To be a pro-active agent of change, facilitating housing choice for all who reside in the greater Portland area.
- To be a strong and effective spokesperson for the positive impact of housing and homeownership on the health and quality of life of our communities.
- To be the preferred source of industry information, perspective and expertise.
- To be an indispensable business resource for members, offering education, information and cost saving products and services to support efficiency and profitability.
- To be regarded as the industry’s professional home, where members can network, find practical solutions to problems, and build productive, lasting relationships.
- To be sought after as a credible partner in addressing mutual goals and interests.
- To build a strong, active membership base, reflective of the industry.
- To operate a viable organization, with a solid foundation of staff and member expertise, qualified and committed leadership, and the financial resources to achieve its goals.