The Northwest College of Construction is a privately funded, non-profit educational facility that was founded by the Home Builders Association of Metropolitan Portland, Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC), Associated General Contractors (AGC), and the National Utility Contractors Association (NUCA)
To promote life-long learning by delivering craft, technical, supervisory and management education to the construction industry .
The Northwest College of Construction envisions a facility where:
- Workers obtain high-performance skills.
- Employers gain the skilled workers needed to compete in the construction marketplace.
- Students are offered as broad a range of course selections as possible.
- Employer associations reflecting the full-range of the industry participate.
- Participating organizations can maintain their individual identities.
- Cultural diversity is promoted.
- We reach out to economically and socially disadvantaged youth, helping them to be knowledgeable of career advancement opportunities in the construction industry.
- We work with government and private agencies or foundations to help mentor disadvantaged individuals.
- We explore opportunities with public school districts in order to leverage resources for the delivery of professional-technical education.
- We serve as the best resource for matching employers’ needs with worker aspirations.
For more information, visit the Northwest College of Construction‘s website.