The Home Performance Council (HPC) of the HBA of Metro Portland is comprised of members dedicated to the principles of cutting edge sustainable building practices. The HPC meets regularly to discuss technology improvements and ways to market sustainable building to the public and to “to foster sustainable building knowledge, education and application.”
The HPC organizes the annual BuildRight Conference every spring in Portland. BuildRight is the one-stop source for building industry professionals to get cutting edge building technology and business development innovations. In addition to a full day of educational opportunities, including accredited CEU classes, attendees are able to interact directly with the products and services best positioned to support their high performance building projects and marketing efforts. Visit www.buildrightpdx.com for more information.
The members of the Home Performance Council strive to be leaders in sustainable building practices through adhering tour HPC guiding principles and achieving our HPC goals.
HPC members resolve to:
1. work towards a relevant understanding of sustainable practices
2. support organizations that provide voluntary market driven programs which lead to an increase in energy efficiency
3. adopt greater efficiency practices within our businesses
1. Strategic/Policy/Liaison: Serve as the local sustainability/green liaison between HBA and other programs, non-profits, agencies and government efforts.
2. Industry Education/Information: Help develop, coordinate and promote education, information and communications to our members on green building, development and remodeling.
3. Public Awareness and Recognition: Enhance consumer recognition and promotion of green building to increase interest among both builders and consumers in green, sustainability and energy efficiency.
To join the HPC, contact the HBA at (503) 684-1880.