The HBA policy papers detail the association’s positions on a variety of housing related topics. For additional information about these topics or positions, contact HBA Government and Builder Relations Manager Justin Wood.
Does Growth Pay? (The complete report, including technical documents, is available. Please contact the HBA if you would like a copy).
Government Relations News
- March 10th- Legislative Day Cancelled (3/3/2015) - We’ve decided to cancel the Legislative Day, scheduled for March 10th, but stay tuned – we might be gathering the troops later this session! Thanks to those of you who were planning to attend, but please keep an eye on … Continue reading
- City of Milwaukie Proposed Building Fee Increase (2/25/2015) - The State Building Codes Division received notice of intent to adopt building inspection program fees from the City of Milwaukie. Pursuant to Oregon Administrative Rule 918-020-0220, municipalities seeking to adopt fees are required to provide the following summary information 45 … Continue reading
- Portland Parks SDC Methodology Now Available (2/24/2015) - The City of Portland recently released their new Parks SDC methodology. The HBA has hired a consultant to review the change in the practice of how they calculate the SDC, as well as challenge the City’s new methodology which bases … Continue reading
- New Federal Flood Risk Management Standard (2/24/2015) - Created by President Obama, Executive Order (EO) 13690 is part of national policy to improve3 climate resiliency as directed by the President’s Climate Action Plan. The EO creates a new Federal Flood Risk Management Standard (FFRMS) for all federally approved … Continue reading
- Legislative Update: HB 2564 Inclusionary Zoning (2/24/2015) - On Monday, February 23rd the Oregon House Committee on Human Services and Housing, chaired by Rep. Alissa Keny-Guyer (D-Portland) held a public hearing on HB 2564, which would repeal Oregon’s ban on mandated inclusionary zoning (IZ). Sponsored by Rep. Jennifer … Continue reading
- McMinnville Notice to Modify Transportation SDC (2/24/2015) - The City of McMinnville recently provided a required 90 day notice of their intent to modify the City’s Transportation SDC. The methodology outlining these changes will become available in late March. A public hearing to take testimony regarding the proposed … Continue reading
- City of Portland Demolition and Major Remodel Code Amendments (2/23/2015) - On Wednesday, February 18th the Portland City Council unanimously passed a series of amendments to the City’s building code dealing with demolitions and major remodels. The ordnance is set to take effect within 60 days. HBA members and staff worked … Continue reading
- City of Newberg Proposed Fee Increase (2/20/2015) - The State Building Codes Division received notice of intent to adopt building inspection program fees from the City of Newberg. Pursuant to Oregon Administrative Rule 918-020-0220, municipalities seeking to adopt fees are required to provide the following summary information 45 … Continue reading
- Save the Date: March 10th- OHBA Day at the Capitol (2/17/2015) - On March 10th join HBA members from around the state for the 2015 OHBA Day at the Capitol. Members will be able to meet with legislators, sit in on committee meetings, and receive briefings from legislative leaders and OHBA’s lobbying … Continue reading
- BCD Inspector Training Program Update (2/17/2015) - Building Codes Division, Inspector Training Program has several classes and courses available 2014 Code Change training for residential and commercial which includes the electrical, mechanical, plumbing and structural codes. Residential Inspector Certification training for electrical and plumbing. Specialized Inspector Certification … Continue reading