The HBA policy papers detail the association’s positions on a variety of housing related topics. For additional information about these topics or positions, contact HBA Government and Builder Relations Manager Justin Wood.
Does Growth Pay? (The complete report, including technical documents, is available. Please contact the HBA if you would like a copy).
Government Relations News
- NAHB Part of New Coalition to End Patent Troll Abuses (1/19/2015) - NAHB has joined with a broad coalition of diverse American businesses to pursue wide-ranging solutions to abusive patent litigation and achieve comprehensive patent reform. United for Patent Reform is comprised of more than 20 founding members including NAHB, Google, Verizon … Continue reading
- Beaverton City Council Adopts South Cooper Mountain Community Plan (1/14/2015) - On January 13, 2015, during a regular meeting, the Beaverton City Council voted to: • Acknowledge the South Cooper Mountain Concept Plan through Resolution No. 4290 • Adopt the South Cooper Mountain Community Plan through Ordinance No. 4651 and Ordinance … Continue reading
- Portland Regulatory Improvement Code Amendment Package 7 (RICAP 7) Available for Review (1/13/2015) - The City of Portland Bureau of Planning and Sustainability (BPS) has released the RICAP 7 Discussion Draft and can now be viewed at http://www.portlandoregon.gov/bps/article/514740. Comments are due to the Bureau of Planning and Sustainability by February 27th. RICAP questions should … Continue reading
- Do You Serve on a Board or Commission: The HBA Wants to Hear From You (1/12/2015) - Do you currently serve on a local board or commission? If so the HBA wants to hear from you. The HBA maintains a comprehensive list of various development related boards and commissions throughout our region. In order to better serve … Continue reading
- 2014 Single-Family Home Construction Sets Another Record-High in Wilsonville (1/12/2015) - The City of Wilsonville experienced a record-high level of single-family home construction in calendar year 2014. Both the number of home permits issued and the value of new residential construction are record Wilsonville levels for a second consecutive year. In … Continue reading
- Clackamas County DLC Meeting: January 21st (1/7/2015) - Clackamas County will hold their next quarterly Development Liaison Committee meeting on Wednesday, January 21st from 8:00 -9:30 am on the third floor of the Department of Transportation & Development offices located at 150 Beavercreek Road Oregon City, OR 97045. … Continue reading
- Public Hearing Notice: West Linn Transportation SDC Modification (1/7/2015) - Update: The public hearing has been rescheduled to Monday, March 9th. The City of West Linn is proposing modifications to the Transportation Systems Development Charges (SDC) methodology and fees. The City Council will take public testimony regarding the proposed modifications … Continue reading
- Rivergrove Water SDC Modification Notice (1/7/2015) - In late December the Rivergrove Water District sent notice of their intention to modify the district’s Water System Development Charge. For a link to the Methodology Report please see: RGWD Water SDC Methodology 2014 The Rivergrove Water District Board of … Continue reading
- Updated: Portland City Council Hearing on Demolitions and Major Remodels (12/22/2014) - Last week’s Portland City Council’s hearing on a recommendation from the Portland Development Review Advisory Committee (DRAC) regarding proposed changes to the development code concerning demolitions and major remodels was carried over to Thursday, February 12th. Scheduled at 2 p.m., … Continue reading
- Tualatin Hills Parks and Recreation SDC to increase January 1, 2015 (12/17/2014) - On Monday December 8th, the Tualatin Hills Parks and Recreation Board of Directors voted to increase its System Development Charge (SDC) fees by 16.8%. this increase is calculated based on inflationary factors as noted in the Board’s adopted Resolution No. … Continue reading