The HBA policy papers detail the association’s positions on a variety of housing related topics. For additional information about these topics or positions, contact HBA Government and Builder Relations Manager Justin Wood.
Does Growth Pay? (The complete report, including technical documents, is available. Please contact the HBA if you would like a copy).
Government Relations News
- Washington County Development Forum: October 30th (10/14/2014) - The Washington County Department of Land Use & Transportation invites members to attend their quarterly Development Forum on Thursday, October 30th from 8:30 – 10:00 am. This is an opportunity for members to learn more about Washington County’s development-related services … Continue reading
- HBA Endorsed and Recommended Candidates for November Election (10/10/2014) - Below you will find a list of HBA endorsed and recommended candidates running for state and local office this November. We hope that you will consider supporting these candidates with your vote. HBA Metro Portland Endorsed Candidates- Local Races Oregon … Continue reading
- Update: City of Portland Tree Policy Review and Regulatory Improvement Project (Tree Project) (10/7/2014) - On June 19, 2014, the Portland City Council adopted the Fiscal Year 2014/2015 budget, which included funding for the Citywide Tree Policy Review and Regulatory Improvement Project (“Tree Project”). This project, originally approved in 2011, includes new tree regulations, improvements … Continue reading
- PAC Par 3 Raises 2,500 for Oregonians for Affordable Housing and BUILDPAC (10/2/2014) - This past Friday the HBA’s annual PAC Par 3 Pitch & Putt was held at Mcmenamins Edgefield in Troutdale. The sold out event raised $2,500 for our state and federal political action committees, Oregonians for Affordable Housing and BUILDPAC. Thank … Continue reading
- Oregon Building Codes Division: Permanment Rule Changes (10/1/2014) - The Oregon Building Codes Division recently posted the following permanent rules: 2014 Oregon Electrical Specialty Code adoption 2014 Oregon Plumbing Specialty Code adoption 2014 Oregon Residential Specialty Code adoption – 2014 ORSC insert pages are available on the BCD website … Continue reading
- Portland BDS Customer Notification: Townhouse Design and Construction – Requirement Clarification and Changes (9/26/2014) - In seeking to provided clear direction to its customers, and to be in compliance with the Oregon Residential Specialty Code (commonly referred to as State Building Code); The Bureau of Development Services (BDS) has provided a notification regarding Oregon Residential … Continue reading
- City of Portland Seeks Applicants for Development Review Advisory Committee (DRAC) (9/22/2014) - The City of Portland is seeking applicants to serve on the Design Review Advisory Committee (DRAC). Two current board members representing the Home Builders and Home Remodelers, are set to expire at the end of the year. The open positions … Continue reading
- Residential Preference Study in the News (9/19/2014) - This past week the Residential Preference Study and its findings were the subject of two news articles which reinforces our message regarding the importance of Single Family Housing preferences. The first piece is a an Editorial from the Tribune newspaper, … Continue reading
- City of Beaverton Seeks Applicants for Planning Commission (9/16/2014) - The City of Beaverton is seeking volunteers to serve on a number of boards and commissions, including the Planning Commission. The City believes that Beaverton’s boards and commissions should represent the full range of diversity in our community. With this … Continue reading
- Washington County TDT Increase Begins October 1 (9/10/2014) - The HBA has worked with Washington County leaders to delay the impacts of the voter approved TDT increase during the housing recession which hit our area over the past few years. Beginning October 1, 2014 the Washington County TDT rate … Continue reading