The HBA policy papers detail the association’s positions on a variety of housing related topics. For additional information about these topics or positions, contact HBA Government and Builder Relations Manager Justin Wood.
Does Growth Pay? (The complete report, including technical documents, is available. Please contact the HBA if you would like a copy).
Government Relations News
- Portland Permit Center Expands Service Hours (4/24/2014) - Starting Monday, April 28, 2014, the City’s Development Services Center (Permit Center) will be re-opened on Mondays and offering all permitting and land use services during regular business hours. The Permit Center has been closed on Mondays since 2010 when it … Continue reading
- Moisture dryout patent trolling update – April 16, 2014 (4/17/2014) - Please see the attached letter that NAHB General Counsel wrote to the heads of the Oregon and Washington Home Builders Associations with an update on the Savannah IP moisture drying patent claim issue. The letter covers four areas of focus … Continue reading
- Hillsboro Community Development Code Available for Member Review (4/10/2014) - The updated Community Development Code 2nd draft is now available for review and public comment. HBA Staff and interested members will be reviewing the proposed changes to determine what proposed changes from the 1st draft have been incorporated. Two public … Continue reading
- Portland Members Meet With Federal Legislators to Bring Housing Home (4/3/2014) - As part of the National Home Builder’s Associations Bringing Housing Home week, several Portland HBA and Oregon HBA members and staff met with Portland Metro area federal Representatives & Senators to discuss issues of importance to the housing industry. We … Continue reading
- Moisture Dryout Patent Trolling Update (4/3/2014) - Below please find another update on the issue related to the patent claim asserted by Savannah IP on a moisture dryout process. If you haven’t received previous updated or need a refresher on some of our prior communications, go to … Continue reading
- HBA adds new Government Relations / PAC Coordinator Position (3/27/2014) - The HBA is pleases to announce that we have hired Jon Kloor to serve as our new Government Relations & Political Action Coordinator. Jon is a welcome addition to our Government Relations staff and will help to expand the work … Continue reading
- Moisture Remediation Patent Claim – 3-21 Member Update (3/21/2014) - The following is an updated summary from Jon Chandler, CEO for our State HBA, on the patent claim issue asserted by Savannah IP. HBAMP has been working closely with OHBA, the Washington State HBA, and our National Association of Home … Continue reading
- Portland RICAP – Proposed Final Draft Notice (3/21/2014) - The City of Portland has released the proposed final draft of the Regulatory Improvement Code Amendment Package (RICAP-6). The Planning and Sustainability Commission will be briefed on the draft, Tuesday April 8th at 12:30, while the public hearing will be … Continue reading
- Tigard Moves to Allow Pre-Screening for Building Permits (3/6/2014) - The City of Tigard has made changes to their permit intake process which we hope will streamline the process for members to submit new building permit plans. The city has now established an email where you can send your site plan … Continue reading
- Washington County Seeks to Inform Builders of Upcoming Road Improvements (3/6/2014) - Washington County has reached out the HBA so that we can pass along to our members, the draft proposed 2014-2015 road maintenance plan. The County would like builders and developers to review the proposed project map and identify any potential … Continue reading