The HBA policy papers detail the association’s positions on a variety of housing related topics. For additional information about these topics or positions, contact HBA Government and Builder Relations Manager Justin Wood.
Does Growth Pay? (The complete report, including technical documents, is available. Please contact the HBA if you would like a copy).
Government Relations News
- Tualatin Hills Parks and Recreation SDC to increase January 1, 2015 (12/17/2014) - On Monday December 8th, the Tualatin Hills Parks and Recreation Board of Directors voted to increase its System Development Charge (SDC) fees by 16.8%. this increase is calculated based on inflationary factors as noted in the Board’s adopted Resolution No. … Continue reading
- Title 11 Tree Regulations Effective January 2, 2015 Effecting Residential Plan Submittal (12/16/2014) - Effective January 2, 2015, the Bureau of Development Services (BDS) and Urban Forestry, Bureau of Parks & Recreation (UF/PP&R) will start implementation of the City’s new Tree Regulations contained in Title 11 Trees (Tree Code). All building permit applications submitted … Continue reading
- New BCD Interpretation on Basement Slab Insulation (12/8/2014) - Oregon Building Codes Division (BCD) has issued a formal interpretation that addresses how much of a walkout basement slab needs to be insulated. The interpretive ruling was requested to clarify how the slab-on-grade perimeter insulation requirements are applied to slab-on-grade … Continue reading
- Washington County Draft Public Improvement Contract (12/8/2014) - Washington County is proposing changes to its assurances process for improvements as part of land divisions. On December 2nd County staff hosted a Developer Roundtable to listen to comments, suggestions, and ideas to help streamline the new contract. The proposed … Continue reading
- Updated: Portland City Council Hearing on Demolitions and Major Remodels (12/1/2014) - On December 17th at 3:30 p.m., the Portland City Council is expected to hear a recommendation from the Portland Development Review Advisory Committee (DRAC) regarding proposed changes to the development code concerning demolitions and major remodels. The HBA strongly encourages … Continue reading
- Washington County Assurances Roundtable: December 2nd (11/18/2014) - In late October, Washington County hosted a Public Improvement Contract Workshop and introduced a draft of the new Public Improvement Contract (tentatively effective January 1, 2015) As a follow up, the County will host a Developer Roundtable to listen to … Continue reading
- St. Helens Proposes Building Fee Increase (11/17/2014) - On Friday, November 7th the City of St. Helens provided a 45 day notice to the State Building Codes Division of their intent to increase fees for the structural, plumbing, and mechanical programs and make required changes to the fee … Continue reading
- Urban Forestry Summit: November 18th (11/12/2014) - A broad group of organizations will be joining together to participate in the upcoming Urban Forestry Summit. This summit is designed to examine area tree codes and policies, discuss examples of ideas which work well and ones which prove challenging … Continue reading
- New BCD Code Interpretation (11/11/2014) - The State of Oregon Building Codes Division (BCD) has issued a new code interpretation pertaining to locations where safety glazing is required. Members of the OHBA codes committee provided comment and assisted the development of this interpretation. This new reading … Continue reading
- Clackamas County Seeks Input on 2015-2016 Planning and Zoning Division Work Plan (11/10/2014) - The Clackamas County Planning Commission will hold a public hearing on proposed changes to the Comprehensive Plan and Zoning and Development Ordinance on Wednesday, December 8th at 6:30 p.m. The Clackamas County Planning and Zoning Division is currently in the … Continue reading