The HBA policy papers detail the association’s positions on a variety of housing related topics. For additional information about these topics or positions, contact HBA Government and Builder Relations Manager Justin Wood.
Does Growth Pay? (The complete report, including technical documents, is available. Please contact the HBA if you would like a copy).
Government Relations News
- Candidate Fundraiser for HBA Member Jodi Bailey on September 8th (8/27/2014) - The Oregon Home Builders Association invites members to attend a fundraiser in support of OHBA endorsed member Jodi Bailey, candidate for Oregon State Representative. See event flyer Monday, September 8th 5:30 – 7:30 p.m. Home Builders Association of Metro Portland … Continue reading
- Portland BDS Customer Survey Now Online (8/22/2014) - BDS is excited to announce that they have launched an online survey to gather feedback from customers and stakeholders. This initiative is a crucial element of BDS’s strategy to continuously improve customer service. The survey is now online at www.BDSSurvey.com … Continue reading
- City of Portland Comprehensive Plan Review scheduled for September 17th (8/21/2014) - HBA has scheduled a meeting with representatives from the Bureau of Planning and Sustainability at Portland City Hall (Lovejoy Room) on Wednesday, September 17th from 8:30 – 10:00 a.m. to more thoroughly discuss the proposed changes contained within the proposed … Continue reading
- City of Banks Annexation Vote On November Ballot (8/18/2014) - Banks residents will decide this November whether to nearly double the acreage of the town by approving two separate annexation requests. Combined, the annexations would bring in 200 acres into city limits. Both properties are within the city’s urban growth … Continue reading
- Oregon City Passes Emergency Sewer Moratorium (8/13/2014) - Over objection from the HBA, on August 6th the Oregon City Commission passed an emergency six month sanitary sewer moratorium, covering four flow constrained areas of downtown Oregon City. The moratorium applies to all land development and building and sewer … Continue reading
- Portland Service Level Impacts Associated with Increase in Permitting Workload and Case Management System Upgrade (8/12/2014) - The following information outlines anticipated impacts while the Bureau of Development Services (BDS) addresses an increase in development related workload and continues to update its current permitting and case management software system. The City of Portland has experienced a significant … Continue reading
- City of Portland BDS Announces Search for Citizens to Serve on the Design Commission (8/7/2014) - The Bureau of Development Services has announced a search for interested citizens to fill upcoming vacancies on the City of Portland Design Commission. The Design Commission hears proposals for large scale infill and new development proposals in the Central City … Continue reading
- Portland Infill: 6 key questions (and answers) from live chat with builders (8/5/2014) - On Monday, August 5th infill builders Randy Sebastian of Renaissance Homes and Vic Remmers of Everett Customs Homes, were invited to participate in a live chat with readers on Oregonlive.com. Topics discussed included demolitions, historic landmark homes, and environmental concerns. … Continue reading
- City of Portland Releases Comprehensive Plan Draft (7/30/2014) - The proposed draft of Portland’s 2035 Comprehensive Plan is now available online. The Comprehensive Plan is an essential document that distills the City’s land use goals and aspirations. Through maps, visuals and text the plan outlines what Portland will look … Continue reading
- Beaverton Building Division Moving August 15th (7/29/2014) - On August 15th, Beaverton City Services (including the City Building Division) will be moving to the Beaverton Building (formally known as the South Office Building) at the Beaverton Round at:12725 SW Millikan Way, Suite 100. The Building Division will be … Continue reading