The HBA policy papers detail the association’s positions on a variety of housing related topics. For additional information about these topics or positions, contact HBA Government and Builder Relations Manager Justin Wood.
Does Growth Pay? (The complete report, including technical documents, is available. Please contact the HBA if you would like a copy).
Government Relations News
- City of Beaverton Seeks Applicants for Planning Commission (9/16/2014) - The City of Beaverton is seeking volunteers to serve on a number of boards and commissions, including the Planning Commission. The City believes that Beaverton’s boards and commissions should represent the full range of diversity in our community. With this … Continue reading
- Washington County TDT Increase Begins October 1 (9/10/2014) - The HBA has worked with Washington County leaders to delay the impacts of the voter approved TDT increase during the housing recession which hit our area over the past few years. Beginning October 1, 2014 the Washington County TDT rate … Continue reading
- Scappoose Equalizing Water and Sewer SDC’s for Single Family Dwellings (9/9/2014) - On Monday, September 15th the City of Scappoose will vote on a resolution to equalize the SDC’s for 3/4″ and 1″ water meters on single family dwellings. Once passed this resolution will decrease the water SDC’s for 1″ water meters … Continue reading
- General Election Campaigns Set for November Ballot (9/2/2014) - Now that the filing deadline for the 2014 General Election has passed, the Government Relations & Political Action Committee will be reviewing all the area races and determining which races are of importance to the HBA and our Members. Click … Continue reading
- Candidate Fundraiser for HBA Member Jodi Bailey on September 8th (8/27/2014) - The Oregon Home Builders Association invites members to attend a fundraiser in support of OHBA endorsed member Jodi Bailey, candidate for Oregon State Representative. See event flyer Monday, September 8th 5:30 – 7:30 p.m. Home Builders Association of Metro Portland … Continue reading
- Portland BDS Customer Survey Now Online (8/22/2014) - BDS is excited to announce that they have launched an online survey to gather feedback from customers and stakeholders. This initiative is a crucial element of BDS’s strategy to continuously improve customer service. The survey is now online at www.BDSSurvey.com … Continue reading
- City of Portland Comprehensive Plan Review scheduled for September 17th (8/21/2014) - HBA has scheduled a meeting with representatives from the Bureau of Planning and Sustainability at Portland City Hall (Lovejoy Room) on Wednesday, September 17th from 8:30 – 10:00 a.m. to more thoroughly discuss the proposed changes contained within the proposed … Continue reading
- City of Banks Annexation Vote On November Ballot (8/18/2014) - Banks residents will decide this November whether to nearly double the acreage of the town by approving two separate annexation requests. Combined, the annexations would bring in 200 acres into city limits. Both properties are within the city’s urban growth … Continue reading
- Oregon City Passes Emergency Sewer Moratorium (8/13/2014) - Over objection from the HBA, on August 6th the Oregon City Commission passed an emergency six month sanitary sewer moratorium, covering four flow constrained areas of downtown Oregon City. The moratorium applies to all land development and building and sewer … Continue reading
- Portland Service Level Impacts Associated with Increase in Permitting Workload and Case Management System Upgrade (8/12/2014) - The following information outlines anticipated impacts while the Bureau of Development Services (BDS) addresses an increase in development related workload and continues to update its current permitting and case management software system. The City of Portland has experienced a significant … Continue reading