The HBA policy papers detail the association’s positions on a variety of housing related topics. For additional information about these topics or positions, contact HBA Government and Builder Relations Manager Justin Wood.
Does Growth Pay? (The complete report, including technical documents, is available. Please contact the HBA if you would like a copy).
Government Relations News
- City of Portland Releases Comprehensive Plan Draft (7/30/2014) - The proposed draft of Portland’s 2035 Comprehensive Plan is now available online. The Comprehensive Plan is an essential document that distills the City’s land use goals and aspirations. Through maps, visuals and text the plan outlines what Portland will look … Continue reading
- Beaverton Building Division Moving August 15th (7/29/2014) - On August 15th, Beaverton City Services (including the City Building Division) will be moving to the Beaverton Building (formally known as the South Office Building) at the Beaverton Round at:12725 SW Millikan Way, Suite 100. The Building Division will be … Continue reading
- Washington County Board Votes to Phase in TDT Increase on October 1 (7/17/2014) - On Tuesday July 15th the Washington County Board of Commissioners voted to end the discount on the TDT as of October 1st. The original ordinance from staff had asked the BCC to end the discount on September 4th. The HBA … Continue reading
- Urban Growth Report Released (7/16/2014) - Metro has released their 2014 Urban Growth Report which will form the basis for the Metro Council’s upcoming decision regarding potential UGB expansions is 2015. Over the next month’s HBA Staff, the Government Relations Committee and members will be reviewing … Continue reading
- Clackamas County Planning Commission Seeks New Member (7/14/2014) - Clackamas County is looking for people interested in serving on the County Planning Commission. There is one vacancy that needs to be filled in summer 2014. The nine-member commission, made up of volunteer citizens, reviews and advises the Board of … Continue reading
- Portland SDC Waiver and HOLTE Programs Remain Largely Unchanged (7/10/2014) - Earlier this year the HBA was notified about some proposed changes from the Portland Housing Bureau which would have lowered the family income cap and the sales price cap on both the SDC Waiver Program and the Home Buyer Limited … Continue reading
- City of Gresham seeks input on Public Works Standards (7/9/2014) - The City of Gresham is seeking input concerning updates to the city’s Public Works Standards. Staff is in the process of reviewing current information, identifying portions of manual content that need to be updated and are beginning the process of … Continue reading
- City of Portland Reducing Prescriptive Residential Solar Permit Fees (7/2/2014) - Effective immediately, the City of Portland Bureau of Development Services will be reducing the building permit fees for Prescriptive Residential Solar Permits from $554 to $263, a 52% reduction. In an effort to be responsive to the Solar Industry concerns … Continue reading
- Portland Infill Builders and Remodelers: Demolition Forum Invite (7/1/2014) - Recently much attention has been made surrounding demolition of existing homes within the city of Portland. Issues such as notifications to neighbors, historic resource homes, environmental issues (such as asbestos) and percentage of a home that defines a remodel as … Continue reading
- New Courtesy Demolition Notification Process and Demolition Information Webpage (6/26/2014) - HBA staff along with several of our of members have been working with the City of Portland and various neighborhood organizations to try and address some of the concerns heard from some around demolition. In response to our efforts, the … Continue reading