The HBA policy papers detail the association’s positions on a variety of housing related topics. For additional information about these topics or positions, contact HBA Government and Builder Relations Manager Justin Wood.
Does Growth Pay? (The complete report, including technical documents, is available. Please contact the HBA if you would like a copy).
Government Relations News
- Election Reminder- It’s Not Too Late to Vote. (10/31/2014) - It is however too late to mail your ballot. Beginning Friday October 31st, all ballots must be returned in person to an official ballot drop box location. All ballots must be returned by 8:00 p.m. on Election Day (November 4th), … Continue reading
- City of Portland Makes Minor Change to Permit Center Hours to Address Workload and Training Needs (10/31/2014) - Starting Thursday, November 6, 2014, the City’s Development Services Center (Permit Center) and 2nd Floor Permitting Services will begin closing two hours early at 12:00 PM on Thursdays. This change is being implemented to address increasing permit workload, to more … Continue reading
- City of Newberg Seeks Volunteers for Boards and Commissions (10/30/2014) - City Volunteers needed The city of Newberg is seeking applications from citizens and local high school students to serve on a commission or committee. This is an opportunity to serve and be part of the decision-making team governing your community. … Continue reading
- Hillsboro Water SDC to Increase February 1, 2015 (10/29/2014) - For the past year, HBA government relations staff have been engaged with City of Hillsboro staff and other stakeholders as part of the City’s Water SDC task force. Concerning the proposed Water SDC increase, we believe that staff has done … Continue reading
- City of Portland BPS Extends Comment Period for Comp Plan Draft (10/27/2014) - Written comment period extended until March 31, 2015 The Planning and Sustainability Commission will hold two more hearings on the Comprehensive Plan Proposed Draft this fall. Hearings about the updated Transportation System Plan (TSP) candidate project list and the Economic … Continue reading
- City of Lake Oswego Recruiting Development Review Commission Members (10/22/2014) - The City of Lake Oswego is accepting applications for its Development Review Commission. The DRC is a seven-member citizen advisory body appointed to review development applications for compliance with the City’s land use and design regulations, based on criteria outlined … Continue reading
- PAC Spotlight: HBA Members Run for Elected Office (10/22/2014) - With the November election fast approaching we wanted to take the time to specifically recognize two members who are currently running for elected office this fall. It is our sincere hope that you lend your support to both these candidates, … Continue reading
- City of Portland Tree Code: Upcoming Information and Training Sessions (10/20/2014) - To better educate customer on changes to the City’s Tree Code, Bureau of Development Services will hold the following Information/ Training Sessions. For more information please contact Lauren Wirtis. Continue reading
- Washington County Development Forum: October 30th (10/14/2014) - The Washington County Department of Land Use & Transportation invites members to attend their quarterly Development Forum on Thursday, October 30th from 8:30 – 10:00 am. This is an opportunity for members to learn more about Washington County’s development-related services … Continue reading
- HBA Endorsed and Recommended Candidates for November Election (10/10/2014) - Below you will find a list of HBA endorsed and recommended candidates running for state and local office this November. We hope that you will consider supporting these candidates with your vote. HBA Metro Portland Endorsed Candidates- Local Races Oregon … Continue reading