The HBA policy papers detail the association’s positions on a variety of housing related topics. For additional information about these topics or positions, contact HBA Government and Builder Relations Manager Justin Wood.
Does Growth Pay? (The complete report, including technical documents, is available. Please contact the HBA if you would like a copy).
Government Relations News
- PAC – PRO Poker A Success (5/23/2013) - On Friday May 10th the PAC – PRO Texas Holdem was held at the HBA. Over 30 HBA members, guests and elected officials including Washington County Chair Andy Duyck State Representative Julie Parrish and Clackamas County Commissioner Paul Savas were … Continue reading
- PAC House Update (5/23/2013) - Fish Construction will begin construction of the 2013 PAC House the first week of June. All net proceeds from the sale of the PAC house go to our official PAC – Oregonians For Affordable Housing, which works to advance issues … Continue reading
- Andy Duyck – Washington County Chair Endorsement (5/23/2013) - At the May Government Relations & PAC Committee, the members of the PAC committee voted to endorse Washington County Chair Andy Duyck in his upcoming 2014 re-election bid. Chair Duyck has been a very good voice for business and economic … Continue reading
- Reminder: New I-9 Form must be used after May 7 (5/8/2013) - The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) agency has issued a new Form I-9 for Employment Eligibility Verification. After May 7, 2013, all employers must use only the newly revised Form I-9 (expiration date 3/31/2016) for each new employee hired, … Continue reading
- Columbia County Builders Social – May 22nd (4/30/2013) - Please join the HBA and our Sponsors Probuild and Pacific Crest Cabinets as we host our Spring Columbia County Builders Social at the Varsity Bar & Grill in Scappoose on Wednesday May 22nd from 4 – 6 PM. These Builder … Continue reading
- Portland Sick Leave Ordinance (4/29/2013) - I have been asked recently about the City of Portland’s recently passed sick leave ordinance and how that will affect our members who are based in or who do work in the City of Portland. Below are some of the … Continue reading
- PEEHP Case Studies Complete (4/17/2013) - The Portland Bureau of Development Services (BDS) would like to thank all who participated in the Portland Energy Efficiency Home Pilot (PEEHP) program case studies. The four PEEHP case studies are now complete and are posted on the bureau’s web … Continue reading
- Tualatin Valley Parks District Board Endorsement (4/14/2013) - The HBA and the members of our PAC are happy announce the endorsement of Jerry Jones for election to the Tualatin Valley Parks & Recreation Board. Jerry is a current HBA member and has a great understanding of issues that … Continue reading
- PAC – PRO Poker Tournament – May 10th (4/14/2013) - Please join the HBA and the Professional Remodelors Organization as we host another Texas Hold Em Poker Tournament with all net proceeds benefiting the official PAC of the HBA – Oregonians for Affordable Housing. The tournament will be on Friday May 10th at … Continue reading
- Portland Apartment Parking Issue Update (4/4/2013) - On Thursday April 4th the Portland City Council held a hearing regarding the Apartment Projects without parking issue that has been a hot button topic for the last few months. The Planning Bureau staff and the Planning & Sustainability Commission … Continue reading